Thursday, July 10, 2008

A New Kind of Tea

I haven't shared anything in about a week, but yesterday I had the chance to visit the new Turkish Cultural Center in Boston. It was a great experience, I was welcomed by my friend Ismail who I had met through my adviser at BC. There we sat and drank some Turkish tea which although strong was very good.

In any case, I had a great chance to talk about Turkey and my thoughts about going with a Turk. We touched on food, the cities, universities, and must dos in Turkey. After talking for about two hours, I was really glad I had come and Ismail has given me a lot to think about as I keep working on these proposals due in October. I think Turks are great people with many stories to tell, and my meeting at the TCC definitely supported that.

After finishing our meeting with a glass of lemonade and some Turkish delight, I look forward to going back for a coffee or movie night. Hopefully, bring a few friends as well.

Besides that, I had a great fourth of July working as a Production Assistant at the Esplanade show. Two straight nights of seeing the Boston Pops and Rascal Flatts from the front row. Plus, I had the privilege to work with one of the best PA teams ever. So, if any of them are reading, awesome job!

That's it for now...

No comments: