Saturday, February 21, 2009

Motorists react to Gov. Patrick's "Hummer Tax"

This package is from my TV Newsroom class at BU. I've had the privilege to work with an outstanding team every Thursday to produce a newscast. Below is the package I assembled with the outstanding Ashlie Anctil, it was the quickest I've ever put together something for broadcast and my first live shot. It was definitely a learning experience, and I am excited to try it again next time.



Deval Patrick suggested on Wednesday during a meeting with the
Chamber of Commerce that the time may call for "a Hummer tax."
According to Gov. Patrick, the plan would add a fee to the
registrations of gas guzzling vehicles that get less than 20mpg while
possibly discounting the registrations of highly efficient vehicles.
Some motorists were less than pleased at the thought of having to pay
more for their car during this economic crisis, while others thought
the plan could be a step forward for the environment.

The Governor's office refused to comment on the situation further, saying that "there
is no official plan as of yet and that the Governor's comments are his
own."

1 comment:

Ashlie said...

You're too sweet. I just found your website and I LOVE it! I am very, VERY impressed and look forward to checking out all your other packages.

Ashlie