Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday ((SOT)): Snakes on the beach

Every now and then go away and have a little relaxation. To remain constantly at work will diminish your judgment. 
-Leonardo DaVinci


Today, I got to view my side of the Atlantic Ocean for the first time in over a year.  Although the shockingly blue Mediterranean was a wonderful sight, I enjoyed the smell and the sounds of the waters on my favorite New Hampshire beach, Hampton.  My family and I have been visiting the beach since I was young, and my mother visited with her family when she was young.  


Two men and their snakes hit the beach.   
But yet, the beach still surprises me.  Today, it was when I saw two men carrying enormous pythons around their necks.  One of them had the snake tucked under his shirt and he actually had to pull it out for the photo.  The snakes are still growing, they are less than a year old according to the owners.  For now, they eat rats, but they say they'll be eating rabbits as the snakes grow.


This blog will be quiet for the next few days as I take the time off from Syracuse to be with family back home in Boston. But, if things happen or I come across interesting things, you might just see a post.  You can expect my regular reports to return in a week.
 

No comments: